If you need financial support to help pay for your studies in Canada, there are a few options you can explore.

Financial aid from your institution

Postsecondary institutions in Ontario offer a range of financial support programs for international students. Check with your chosen school for details.

Learn about scholarships and bursaries for international students.

Financial aid from your home country

There can be strict eligibility requirements for getting financial assistance in Canada. Organizations in your home country may offer support for international study.

Check with your:

  • high school
  • alumni association
  • national and local governments
  • community agencies
  • Canadian embassy, consulate or high commission

Student loans in Ontario

Government and bank loans are typically available only to students who are Canadian citizens and eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP).

If you need emergency funds, your institution may offer a one-time emergency loan for international students. Check with your school’s financial aid office for more information.

Learn about the cost of studying in Canada.